On 14 November, millions once again united around the world to produce a powerful display of advocacy and awareness for the 366 million people currently living with diabetes and the many more at risk, firmly promoting the message that action on diabetes is required NOW.
A debt of gratitude is owed to the more than 200 member associations of the International Diabetes Federation in over 160 countries and the thousands of other dedicated organizations and individuals that organised events and joined together to make the day a special one.
The pictures and reports that we have received and which continue to come in tell the story of a remarkable shared experience, the global diabetes community uniting around the blue circle - the global symbol of diabetes - and going blue for diabetes. Here are some of the highlights:
- Over 700 blue lightings in 62 countries
- 56 diabetes flash mobs in 51 cities in 27 countries
- Over 500 events and activities from more than 100 countries registered on the World Diabetes Day website
- Over 1,800 pictures submitted in the World Diabetes Day pool on Flickr
- Over 16,500 fans on Facebook
- Over 5,300 followers on Twitter
- Over 2,000 people have included the blue circle picbadge on their Facebook or Twitter profile picture
- 'Día Mundial de la Diabetes' was a global trending topic on Twitter on 14 November
- Over 1.5 million page views on www.worlddiabetesday.org
See how the global diabetes community went blue for diabetes on 14 November:
- Visit the World Diabetes Day Flickr gallery
- View World Diabetes Day awareness videos from around the world.
- View videos of some of the diabetes flash mobs that were performed around the world. If you performed a Flash Mob and don't see your video, send it to us at email@example.com.
Please continue to send your pictures, event information and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rodrigo González Fernández
Diplomado en "Responsabilidad Social Empresarial" de la ONU
Diplomado en "Gestión del Conocimiento" de la ONU
- PUEDES LEERNOS EN FACEBOOK
Soliciten nuestros cursos de capacitación y consultoría en GERENCIA ADMINISTRACION PUBLICA -LIDERAZGO - GESTION DEL CONOCIMIENTO - RESPONSABILIDAD SOCIAL EMPRESARIAL – LOBBY – COACHING EMPRESARIAL-ENERGIAS RENOVABLES , asesorías a nivel nacional e internacional y están disponibles para OTEC Y OTIC en Chile