by Oi wan Lam
One of the author of 1996 bestseller China Can Say No（中國可以說不）Song Qiang, has recent published a new book, China is Unhappy, with other writers. The first book appeared after the bombing of China consulate general in Yogoslavia by the NATO that enraged Chinese people and led to a series of nationalist protests against western countries. This time, the book is published on the 60th anniversary of the founding of People Republic of China.
The writer team is composed of famous media person, cultural worker and scholar:
Song Qiang（宋強）, one of the author of "China Can Say No", has the experience of journalist, editor and T.V script writer.
Song Xiao Jun（宋小軍） is a commentator in CCTV and Phenix T.V., a well-known nationalist leader with military training.
Wang Xiaodong （王小東）was sent to Japan for studying Business Management after he decided to stop his study Mathematics in Beijing University. He is famous for his criticism on "reversed racism" (逆向種族主義）, meaning the self-criticism of Chinese towards their own behavior.
Huang Jisu （黃紀蘇）is a sociologist and editor of the Chinese version of Journal of International Social Science.
Liu Yang （劉仰）is an experience media worker in issues related with culture, history and economy.
The book is divided into three sections: "Why is China unhappy?" "China's advocacy" and "Let go the tiny Buddha and draw the grant plan" (tiny Buddha means kindness in heart). Douban has a summary of its content:
Why China is unhappy?
- There are ghosts behind the Lhasa 3.14 incident, the strategic encirclement of Western World towards China has become more concrete and obvious.
- Sanlu milk power incident has result in a "psychological tear" among Chinese people. It threaten a strong nation's core values.
- People like Nicolas Sarkozy have been offensive to China out of nasty opportunism.
- The so-called "knowledge elites" or "excellent Chinese people" are harmful to our national spirit.
China has to clarify a number of "Why"
- Why the "feeling great" among Chinese people are just fake phenomena. And Western strategy in dragging us down has been a hidden illness to China.
- Why we should consider it an option for China to break up with the West under a certain conditions.
- Why the culture of "the fifth column" (meaning subversive group that supports the enemy" and "traitor" has become so rampant.
- Why the "reform theory" and "world salvation theory" of neo-confucianism has become day dream talk.
- Why "Wang Xiao bo's myth", which embraces "defeatism", is the most ugly culture lie.
What should China advocate?
- China should become a country with heroic mission.
- Hold our sword to protect our business, this is a way to build a strong nation.
- The National Liberation Army should follow China's core value.
- We should not listen to the sweet talk of "finance warriors", industrial upgrade is the fundamentals
- Get to know the "Russian Roulette" nature of western diplomatic strategy, lower the concrete diplomatic relation with France.
- China should be brave in protecting international security and clear our path towards a strong country.
- Avoid high-art's culture for affecting our social life or else we cannot actualized our political and economic goals.
In Douban (a liberal onlne platform), most popular opinions give harsh comments to the book:
abing said :
The content of this book is very simple. It follows the old demagogic discourse of China can say No, reconfigures a number of contemporary social problems, and finds some entrance points in attacking Southern Weekend, Jian Zhong Shu, Wang Xiao Bo. It tells us, China is good enough, don't be self-critical, don't be caught in internal problem, the West is just a paper tiger. What else? There is nothing else.
Li Ao once said KMT is "sexually fantasizing Mainland while masturbating Taiwan". Now such glorious tradition has passed on to Mainland and transformed into "sexually fantasizing the world while masturbating China".
Representatives are crazy said:
Shit, I have never seen such an expensive toilet paper
1. The number of pages are too few and the price is too high, it is in fact highest among all toilet paper, but the result is not so satisfactory:
2. The papers is too hard, and it takes too long to rub the ass. Furthermore, the color comes out...
3. The papers fails to absorb water and leaks.
4. The words are sexual fantasy that causes erection when one shits. It is not hygienic for the penis to touch the toilet bowl.
5. The wrapping of the toilet papers is too luxurious and not environmental friendly.
6. Businessmen without conscience cheating people's money with this worthless toilet papers.
7. It is not in roll form, not matching my toilet papers box.
8. Chinese people are unhappy about it.
However, some bloggers praise the book. Bian-zhou Yi-ye, also from Douban agreed with the book's argument on "reverse racisim and said:
The greatest problem that China face is that many elites are eroding the noble spirit of our nation. A national with a bowing cultural psychology cannot be strong and cannot be the leader of the world. China is unhappy comes in a right moment for cleaning up the self-critical attitude towards our nationality. This is a very important project.
Chiao Sa said:
China is unhappy made me suffered from insomnia. Words from "ordinary man" generate sparkles and stimulate my eyes and my nerves. It also generates a long missing sentiment of "low as my status is, not dare to forget worrying about my suffering country".
You may view the latest post at
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications of new posts then please visit:
The Global Voices Team
CONSULTEN, OPINEN , ESCRIBAN LIBREMENTE
Rodrigo González Fernández
Diplomado en RSE de la ONU
oficina: Renato Sánchez 3586 of. 10
Teléfono: OF .02- 8854223- CEL: 76850061
Soliciten nuestros cursos de capacitación y consultoría en LIDERAZGO - RESPONSABILIDAD SOCIAL EMPRESARIAL LOBBY BIOCOMBUSTIBLES , y asesorías a nivel internacional y están disponibles para OTEC Y OTIC en Chile